Sr. Commercial Lender
The main focus of this position is to develop and strengthen the loan referral network using leads to achieve loan goals. The Sr. Commercial Lender will be responsible for exploring and pursuing new markets for loan products, analyzing loan requests and preparing written evaluations and recommendations for approval, as well as coordinating the loan closings, ensuring the documents are properly prepared and executed. He/she will sustain productive relationships with borrowers and assist with problem loans. In addition, the Sr. Commercial Lender will arrange and coordinate technical assistance to existing and prospective borrowers to help them improve their current operations and /or future business plans.
Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree is required (a concentration in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred) Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial loan processing, procedures, and due diligence is required. Comprehensive understanding of business development strategies, techniques, and business operations, to include: Loan policy, procedures, forms, documentation, sales, credit analysis, financial statement analysis and recovery is required. Knowledge of all applicable lending and other regulations governing business loans. Mortgage lending certification is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of ten years of experience in business or commercial lending is required.
Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with investors, real estate brokers, etc. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Self-motivated and detail oriented. Strong problem-solving and organizational skills. Ability to analyze loan requests and make solid, informed and accurate recommendations. Ability to develop detailed project plans and meet target deadlines and loan goals. Ability to perform job responsibilities honestly and ethically. A strong analytical background is a must.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, speech and dexterity are essential. Willingness to travel throughout North Carolina to attend customer meetings and site visits as well as prospective client meetings.
Mental Requirements: Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary for performing tasks, meeting deadlines and tolerating frequent disruptions. Must have the ability to work under stressful conditions utilizing learning, thinking and concentration skills. The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control is essential.
- Conceptualizes, develops, and implements strategies for developing perspective business accounts to achieve loan goals.
- Manages and markets loan products and services to small business focusing on increasing product penetration, profitability, client satisfaction, and client retention.
- Possesses effective networking capabilities and assists staff in creating and understanding the importance of utilizing this critical competency. Works with various business, civic, social organizations, and centers of influence to contribute to attaining the ongoing goals of the Bank.
- Responsible for analyzing and segmenting business portfolios to evaluate risk and performance to risk expectations.
- Monitors the commercial loan portfolio to identify problem loans and loans with deteriorating credit situation. Takes immediate action to address and correct the situation. In addition, maintains close knowledge of each client’s business accounts, and loans to avoid and minimize associated risk.
- Advises Chief Lending Officer on external factors that may affect establishment of lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations. Recommends and implements appropriate changes to established polices and procedures.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of the Bank’s services to take advantage of opportunities for selling and cross-selling of products and services.